Head: Dr. Amir Sagy
1. Mapping of geological and seismic hazards, including: active faults, seismic wave amplifications, landslides, liquefaction and tsunami.
2. Earthquake related geological and geophysical database
3. Instructions and guidelines in the field of geological and seismic hazards for the Ministry of Environmental Protection.
4. The development and implementation of Earthquake Early Warning for Israel
5. Research in the field of faults, earthquakes and plate tectonics
The Division works closely with the National Steering Committee for Earthquake Preparedness, The geophysical institute of Israel, the Ministry of Environmental Protection, and the geological departments in the universities.